Day 3 - Work work work - Explode

Friday April 22, 2011


Weight - 157
Measurements (later, sorry slammed today, today I promise)
Hunger levels - totally fine until about 6pm, and then I was starving and so was my husband who ate a hamburger today. lol


Menu
Breakfast : Water and an Apple
Lunch: a Greek Salad with no cheese or Tomatos, which was sort of unsatisfying, amazing how you get used to Kale and Spinach and then Iceberg lettuce tastes like nothing. 
Snack: two Raw granola bars made out of sesame seeds and dried fruit. 
Dinner: Artichoke, Sauteed Brussel Sprouts, Green Beans and brown rice


So today was my third day of totally crazy work. I should mention that my job is always well stocked with just about any food you could ever want. I literally sat 5 feet away from a bunch of pasteries and cakes and donuts, I really wasn't tempted at all. 


I watched a bunch of documentaries about the Gerson Method for healing and Dr. Gersons Daughter said something like she thinks that obesity is so bad in this country because the food has been so processed and over cooked that it is really devoid of nutrients, so people are constantly hungry and will eat a whole bag of cheetos not because they are hungry but because their body is looking for just a little zinc, or Vit A.  I've found that I don't even crave that junk when I'm eating plenty of raw veggies and fruits. I think its because my body has enough vitamins, minerals and enzymes to process effectively. I also find this is true as far as coffee and water go. If I drink coffee all morning I don't get nearly enough water. 


About a month ago we signed up for an organic produce delivery service through L.O.V.E. Delivery in Los Angeles. We've observed that if we have plenty of fresh stuff we are less likely to go to the grocery store and buy and eat crackers and chips and cookies. We are more likely to eat fresh. A little expensive maybe but probably the same prices as we were spending on groceries anyway just without the junk food. We are healthier for it. 


Anyway see you tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment